Saturday 2 April 2011

EDF

EDF work in mysterious ways. We have been trying to have the electrics reconnected to the house. Theres an electric pole outside the house with a cable leading from it to the EDF  main fuse and meter. Theres also a existing fused distribution unit.


 
So I rang the English speaking help line and try but I may I couldn't get the guy on the phone to understand that I needed just to meet a man in van at the house to put a main fuse back in.  Instead as he had no records of such a property then it simply didn't exist and disbelieved what was telling him. I needed to ring another number were I needed to speak to the Engineers that would carry out a survey and then give a devis for a connection.


After a few days I decided to ring the help line again. I gave the lady a meter number and every other number that was on the meter but still no records. Just as I thought that I would have to install my own electrical generator as my life seemed to be ebbing away I was asked two questions. What is the name of your nearest neighbour and what is the meter reading? Incredibly this enabled the meter to be found on EDF system and within five minutes I became the newest EDF customer and an appointment with a man in a van that would turn on the electrics. And sure enough we are now energised. I will need to get the connection up graded but for now I am revelling in this small achievement. Now for the water connection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment